About Memphis School Guide
Why Memphis School Guide?
Many parents in our community consider all types of schools before making a decision, but until now, there has not been a single place to learn about all of the options and how to navigate them. We decided it shouldn’t be more difficult to find good information for choosing schools than it is for purchasing a toaster!
We all love our kids and want the best for them. And just by doing a little bit of research and legwork, we can be more confident that we’re making the right choices for our children and families. Parents who are satisfied with their school choice are more likely to be involved in their children’s education, which is one of the best predictors of student success!
Who are we?
We’re parents who have been through the complicated process of choosing a school ourselves. We saw a need for a resource that not only put all the options in one place, but also provided some help in making sense of them all.
There are also a few things we’re not. We’re not associated with any school district or school membership organization, so you can rest assured that we’re not pushing any one school type. We’re not education experts, and we don’t have a magic formula for picking the perfect school.
But we have learned through experience, and we are willing to ask a lot of questions and share the answers we find with you!
Where do we get the info?
We get test score data from the Tennessee State Department of Education. Local school districts have shared info with us about their enrollment and demographics. But we know that schools are more than just their numbers, and so we’re grateful to the many folks at schools who have shared with us the details about what makes them tick.
Want to help?
Like it says down there at the bottom, this site was created by parents who love Memphis, for parents who love Memphis. And we can always use some help!
- Spread the word – Tell other families you know – everyone deserves to have good info when making this important decision. Share on Facebook, Tweet
- Add reviews – If you have recent experience with a school, add a review to its profile page. You can share the good and the bad, but please keep the tone constructive.
- Help us verify school information – With over 375 schools on the site, keeping things current takes a lot of time. Let us know if you see something inaccurate, or can fill in missing info.
- Volunteer your expertise – Do you know a lot about a subject we don’t cover (or don’t cover adequately) here? Let us know! Other parents will certainly benefit from your knowledge.
In order to make school reviews as helpful as possible for families choosing schools, please respect these guidelines:
- Constructive criticism is welcome, but please make sure your comments are free of any personal attacks or hostility.
- Reviews should only be made by individuals who have recent, personal experience with a school.
- School staff can submit reviews, but they should identify themselves as such.
- If we believe that these guidelines have been violated, the comment will be removed.